Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from my friend Kevin Gallimore. it makes an inferior cut of meat tender and juicy. DO NOT attempt to prepare on a gas grill, as the salt will ruin your heating element!
- 1 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 box coarse ground sea salt or 1 box kosher salt
- 2 -3 lbs chuck roast, aprox 1 1/4 inches thick
- black pepper
- brown paper bag
- pepper steak.
- coat entire steak thickly with mustard.
- coat entire steak thickly with salt.
- place steak in brown paper bag.
- place steak, bag and all on a 650 degree or hotter charcoal grill.
- turn when bag begins to burn.
- cook for 30-45 munutes.
- remove from grill.
- mustard salt coating will have become a crust-- remove this crust.
- slice thinly for sandwiches.