This is very similar to the green sauce served with tortilla chips at a local Houston area restaurant.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Coarsely chop vegetables except avocados. Place all ingredients in a iron skillet with 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Cook until tender.
- 2Remove from heat.
- 3Place in a blender and blend well.
- 4Cut avocados in half remove seed and scoop pulp into the warm mixture. Blend until well mixed. Salt to taste. The avocados will not turn dark because of heating and this will retain its green color for several days in the refrigerator.
- 5My family and friends love this recipe.
- 6Being the newbie here I wanted to share something special from my kitchen.
- 7This can be served warm or cold.
- 8Hope you enjoy !
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa Verde W/Avocado
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 142.8
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 2.0 g