Salsa for those who dislike fresh cilantro. Easy cheap, healthy and available in your pantry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes, with juices (this is best if mixed with fresh tomatoes)
- 3 jalapenos (fresh or substitute bell pepper, Serrano, Anaheim, etc.)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed (ground or toasted and crushed)
- 1 tablespoon coriander seed (ground or toasted and crushed)
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon cayenne (Optional is used for color and heat. You could also use with chipotle powder or smoked paprika inste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon pepper sauce (Yucatan- habeneros, carrots, lime, spices, vinegar, water OR use just lime juice as needed)
- 1Finely chop jalepenos, garlic and onions and combine in a bowl.
- 2Add tomatoes and juice to bowl.
- 3Add remaining ingredients to bowl.
- 4Add olive oil to bowl and toss all ingredients.
- 5Drizzle water over bowl until salsa reaches a desired consistency.
- 6Add salt (and optional fresh ground black pepper) to taste.
- 7Add (optional sugar) to balance acidity.
- 8Refrigerate for at least an hour.
Browse Our Top Salsas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salsa No-Cilantro
Serving Size: 1 (166 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 63.8
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 71.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.8 g