Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
We seem to accumulate a lot of fish from my husband's fishing trips. This is one way to make a quick, easy meal. Not very fancy, but we sure like it. From TOH-Quick Cook
- 2 lbs fish fillets (any firm fish will do)
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups salsa
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese or 8 ounces provolone cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Put seasoned bread crumbs into a shallow dish.
- Coat fish fillets in bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle fish fillets with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Brown fillets on each side.
- Arrange fillets in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Top with salsa and shredded cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 7-10 minutes or until fish flakes with a fork and cheese is melted.