Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
We seem to always have the items this casserole calls for on hand. I use homemade salsa but use what ever your favorite is to make it tasty! You also don't have to tear the tortillas into pieces, I do this for my kids - to make it easier for them to eat. If you don't drain the salsa it will be too soggy.
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed
- 236.59 ml salsa (drained)
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 3 tortillas
- 236.59-473.18 ml cheese (I use longhorn)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2 quart baking dish. Mix together the salsa and sour cream. Place torn tortilla pieces in the bottom and on the sides of the dish - just one layer. Place half the chicken on top then salt and pepper to taste. Spread a little less then half the salsa and sour cream mixture on top. Sprinkle little less then half the cheese. Then layer torn tortilla pieces, chicken, salsa/sour cream , torn tortilla pieces and finally the remainder of the cheese - making sure to top is covered.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove tinfoil and bake another 10-15 minute Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.