Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was demonstrated at a brown bag lunch -- it is so good! This serves 10 but is divided easily to make less or more servings.
- To make lemon infused olive oil: combine extra virgin olive oil with lemon rind (use a vegetable peeler using the outside of the lemon - no pith) and let sit overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees F.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper.
- Cut parchment into 8"x11" pieces.
- Put salmon with vegetables on center of parchment, add olive oil and wine. Then top with dill, shallot and salt and pepper.
- Fold parchment over salmon, making packages (papillotes), securing edges well. Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 9 - 10 minutes.
The fresh flavours of this dish show off the ingredients so make sure that you don't skimp on quality! I like fish cooked this way but it's very boring looking so the colours of the tomato, cucumber and fresh dill added something to the way that I have made it in the past. Made for the Tasty Testers for ZWT9. Thanks ellie_! :)
This is really good, and would be a great dish for a group. I made just two servings, using flounder because that was what I pulled out of the freezer. The lemon infused oil is such a nice touch. I was tired from shoveling mountains of snow, so made one package for both fillets - the fragrance when I cut it open was just lovely. Omitted the cucumbers as I've never liked them cooked. Really, you could adopt this technique with all kinds of fish and herbs. I suspect you might need more oil/white wine if really making 10 servings. I spooned my sauce over rice on the side and you definitely want to have that available.