Prep 1 hr 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is one of my favourite ways to serve salmon.I often serve this to dinner guests with green beans almondine and a rice pilaf; fast, easy and elegant. Great for a week night meal too.The prep time includes the marinating of the fish.
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 lb salmon fillet
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Mix together orange juice, viniagrette dressing and tarragon.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish.
- Add salmon and turn to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to marinate.
- Remove salmon from dish and pour marinade into a small saucepan.
- Return salmon to dish.
- Bake salmon at 450 degrees for 15 minutes or until it flakes easily with a fork.
- While fish is cooking, bring the marinade to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sour cream and cook until heated through.
- Stir, and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve over salmon.
The marinade was really nice in this. The orange really came through. Unfortunately the cream sauce wasnt as nice as I had hoped. I could have made it wrong but it just wasnt very creamy and tasted kind of powdery (??? I know there is no powder in it but I cant think of a word to describe it) will def make mariade again but wont be turning it into a cream.