Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
from The Slow Cooker Cookbook.
- 4 salmon steaks
- 1 serrano chili, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 -3 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
- lime wedge, for garnish
- Preheat the crock pot to high.
- Lightly rinse salmon, set aside.
- Stir together the chile, garlic, brown sugar, soy, lime zest & juice and chili sauce.
- Place salmon in the crock pot and pour the sauce over the top.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and cook for 2-3 hours.
- If you want a stickier glaze, pour the cooking liquid into a small saucepan, add the honey and boil for 3 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges and serve.
I didn't make this in the crockpot, since mine is HUGE and this woiuldnt take up enough sapce and probably dry out. So instead I put these in foil wraps and placed them in the toaster oven at about 400 degrees. It was very nice, a nice twist on the usual salmon, and I always like my salmon a bit on the sweet side, but not sticky sweet and this was really good. The lime and chili sauce really made the difference Thanks!