Recipe by Babs in Toyland
Since the sauce is made separately, you may bake, broil, pan-fry or grill the fish.
Top Review by beachy1201
AMAZING! Best salmon recipe ever. I served it over brown rice and changed the recipe just a tad. Doubled the wine and used lemon juice in place of water. Used garlic and green onion in place of shallots. Cannot express how GOOD this dish was!!!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 lbs skinless salmon fillets
- salt and pepper
- 2 medium shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil; brush with olive oil.
- Season both sides of the salmon filets with salt and pepper.
- Bake until salmon flakes easily, about 20 - 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a heavy saucepan, simmer shallots, vinegar and wine until shallots are soft and very little liquid remains.
- Add the butter and 2 tablespoons water, whisking constantly over high heat until the butter is melted and incorporated.
- Stir in the parsley, capers and lemon zest.
- Serve over the salmon.