The original of this recipe was in Cooking Light, and I've modified it for personal tastes. I first made this for Christmas Eve supper, and we fought over the leftovers for breakfast the next morning. Recipe can be easily multiplied as needed.
- Preheat oven to 350 deg.F. Lightly oil a 9-in. pie plate or other baking dish.
- Combine the yogurt, horseradish and chives in a small bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Season the salmon lightly with salt and pepper. Place salmon in pan and pour sauce over it.
- Bake salmon until just cooked through, about 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to plate. Garnish with chives.
- Note1: The original calls for low-fat yogurt, but I don't like the additives, and always use whole milk natural yogurt.
- Note2: The original recipe suggests 1 tbl. of the yogurt mix spread on the fish, with the remainder passed as a sauce. I really prefer cooking all of the sauce and serving the pan sauces with the fish.
- Note3: A fillet works as well as a steak, just watch the thickness.
- Note4: Try fresh dill instead of chives - lovely. Also, really drain the horseradish well.