While looking for different recipes for salmon, I came across this and thought what a wonderful summery way to make salmon.Recipe source: The Turtle Bay Cookbook
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 garlic clove
- 4 serrano chilies, roasted and seeded (for a milder dish use jalapenos)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 5 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- cilantro, garnish (optional)
- To prepare the sauce, using a food processor or blender place mayonnaise, salt, lime juice, garlic, roasted chiles, vinegar and cilantro and process for 1-2 minutes. With the processor still turned on, pour oil through feed tube in a thin stream until all the oil has been incorporated. Transfer sauce to container and refrigerate until ready to use (makes 2 cups sauce-refrigerate leftover sauce).
- To prepare the salmon: seaon both sides with pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat peanut oil over medium heat.
- Add fish to skillet and cook, turning once about 7-10 minutes or until done and cooked through.
- To serve: Top salmon with a spoonful of sauce and cilantro sprigs (if desired). Pass remaining sauce.