1/3 Photos of Salmon Trilogy (Part II): Gravad Salmon
72 hrs 25 mins
Gravad salmon, easy to make, good for guests and can be stored in the fridge for several days. It is deliciously salty. Serve it with Pumpkin Seed Oil Dressing. Its sweetness goes well with the flavor of the fish. Serve the salmon at room temperature with bread and some dry white wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the fish, pat dry with paper towels. Be sure that there are no pin bones left.
- 2Drizzle the lemon juice over the filet.
- 3Cut the salmon filet in half. Put one half on a platter.
- 4Mix together salt, sugar, pepper and dill.
- 5Distribute this mixture evenly over the fish on the platter.
- 6Place the second piece of salmon on top of it and press together slightly similar to a sandwich.
- 7Put the 'salmon sandwich' into a zip lock bag and try to remove as much air as possible before closing the bag.
- 8Place the fish in the fridge with the opening of the bag upside to avoid leakage.
- 9Put pressure on the salmon to weigh it down with some suitable heavy weights.
- 10Marinate the gravad salmon in the fridge for at least 24 hours (if you can not wait), turning it from time to time.
- 11Keep in the marinade for 3 days for best results. But it can be stored in the fridge for several days longer, if you seal the bag carefully.
- 12Serving: Take out as much salmon as required and remove as much marinade as possible by using paper towels. Cut the filet into (thin) slices. Serve when salmon has reached room temperature.
- 13Meanwhile you can prepare the Pumpkin Seed Oil Dressing (#127650). Serve salmon and dressing separately.
- 14NOTE: Puritanists will serve gravad salmon on bread with nothing else.
- 15NOTE: This is the second part of my Salmon Trilogy (Part I: #127652).
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Trilogy (Part II): Gravad Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 324.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 4823.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 51.1 g