Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
When we adopted our beagle, she missed her previous owner so much she wouldn't eat until I made up a batch of Salmon Special and mixed about 1/4 cup with her regular dry food. I froze the rest in quarter cup blobs on a cookie sheet, and just thaw one or two a day to mix with her dry food. She LOVES it!
- 418 g salmon
- 2 bulk sausages (I use homemade game sausages, but any kind will do)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (8 ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup water
- In a medium saucepan, heat undrained salmon, minced sausage, garlic, rice, undrained spinach and about a cup of water.
- Let everything simmer for about half an hour, adding more water as it is absorbed so the rice becomes quite mushy.
- Cool and refrigerate in covered container, or freeze in 1/4 cup "plops" on a cookie sheet.
- Mix one serving with a little less than usual of your dog's usual dry food.