This is by request. I have not tried it, but it comes from one of my favourite cook books. "Island Cookery". (Please let me know how it comes out)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked fresh salmon
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1Drain salmon, discard bones, mash smoothly.
- 2Combine salmon, lemon juice, salt and cayenne.
- 3Sprinkle gelatin over cold water to soften.
- 4Put in pan of boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
- 5Add to salmon mixture, then add mayonnaise, and the cream which has been whipped until it holds its shape.
- 6Pour into 1 quart mould and chill until set.
- 7Unmound on platter and garnish with watercress and deviled eggs.
- 9Heat milk and cream together with the onion slices, bay leaf and whole clove until film forms.
- 10Skim the surface.
- 11Melt butter in a saucepan, stir in flour keeping it smooth, (with a whisk) and cook over a very low heat for a few minutes.
- 12Pour in scalded milk mixture and cook over a low heat stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles.
- 13Remove from heat, season with salt and pepper and strain into a saucepan.
- 14Add eggs, coarsely chopped and heat through.
- 15Do not cook any further.
- 16If the sauce seems too thick, add a little more light cream.
- 17Serve separately in a warm sauceboat.
- 18The delight is in having the sauce warm with the cold mousse.
- 19Can add 1 teaspoon tarragon to sauce for different flavour.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Mousse (Egg Sauce Optional)
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.9
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 210.7 mg
- Sodium 1397.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 9.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: