Prep 40 mins
Cook 5 mins
This recipe is simply devine. Serve salmon and salsa ontop a fresh watercress salmon drizzled with Olive Oil and lemon juice dressing.
- 1 lb salmon fillet, skin removed, cut into 4 equal serving pieces
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon masala (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 cup diced jicama or 1 cup granny smith apple
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 small fresh red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups watercress or 4 cups romaine lettuce, stems removed
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- Season salmon with 1 teaspoon of cumin, 1/2 teaspoon of coriander, and 1/2 teaspoon masala and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Cover loosely and let salmon stand 20 to 30 minutes.
- Preheat broiler and broiler pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix mango, jicama, bell pepper, chili pepper, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1 teaspoon coriander and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Mix gently and set aside until serving time.
- Place salmon on preheated broiler pan and broil 3 to 4 inches from heat 3 to 4 minutes, without turning, or until fish is just opaque in thickest part.
- In a small bowl or cup, whisk remaining 1 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 teaspoon olive oil.
- To serve, divide watercress among four dinner plates and top with carrots. Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice dressing over watercress and carrots. Top greens with salmon and spoon salsa over salmon.