Recipe by Whipper
Who says healthy can't be delicious! Of course, you can substitute the whole wheat pasta with regular if you prefer, but I find that aside from the health benefits, it actually compliments an earthy flavored dish like this much more.
- 453.59 g zucchini, diced
- 793.78 g can diced tomatoes
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 59.14 ml sun-dried tomato, julienne cut
- 118.29 ml red wine
- 118.29 ml frozen peas
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (340.19 g) can salmon, bones removed
- 340.19 g whole wheat fusilli
- 4.92 ml dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- extra virgin olive oil, for saute
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in skillet and add onions. Sauté until soft, then add garlic and sauté for another minute.
- Add tomatoes with juice, raise heat to moderately high and cook, stirring every once in awhile, until they collapse and form a sauce, about 10 minutes. In the meantime, bring water for the pasta to a boil.
- Add sun-dried tomatoes and oregano to the tomato mix and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Start cooking the pasta according to the direction on the package.
- Add zucchini, peas, salt, pepper and wine to the tomato sauce and stir. Cover and simmer gently until zucchini are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Fold in salmon, parmesan and remove from heat.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta, toss, then serve.