Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Grilled creamy salmon sammiches ... nice with a hot mug of soup.
- 16 slices white bread
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 7 3⁄4 ounces salmon
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- oil (for frying)
- Using a 2 or 3 inch biscuit cutter, cut 16 circles from the bread, and butter each circle.
- Drain the salmon and remove any skin and bone.
- Mash the fish with a fork; stir in the cream cheese and grated cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the mixture thickly on half the bread circles, top with remaining slices, and sandwich firmly together.
- Beat together the egg and milk.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Dip the sandwiches in the beaten egg and saute in hot oil until crisp and golden.
- Drain on paper towels and serve at once.