1/2 Photos of Salmon Cheese Egg Torta With Dill and Paprika
This salty bake goes for brunch or late night snack. Cut to portion pieces, eat hot or cold, will last freezer and microwave. Serve with green salad for example.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g salmon, canned or fresh cooked
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 red bell pepper (whole paprika, or pimiento, not sharp)
- 50 ml fresh dill, amount as fine cut
- 1Preparations: Take butter out from fridge to soften. Boil three (3) eggs hard, 8 to 10 minutes. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C (400 F?).
- 2Prepare the base: mix baking powder to the flour.
- 3Mix soft butter to flour by hand, pressing it with fingers. Continue first to grainy, complete when the dough is even.
- 4Mix milk into to flour'n'butter mix.
- 5Grease a largish, edged, square oven pan, or alternatively cover it with oven-proof siliconated baking paper.
- 6Spread the dough to the pan evenly, making only little edges to keep the filling.
- 7Make the filling: Remove any skin pieces and bones from salmon. If using canned salmon, save in any liquid in the can, otherwise add a few spoonfuls of water to moisten.
- 8Cool and peel the boiled eggs. Cut eggs to 5 mm (1/5 in) cubes; you can put the eggs in a cup and cut them with scissors. Cut the paprika to cubes, finely cut dill and add to the filling. Combine with salmon and mix manually to be an even but grainy paste. Do NOT liquidize.
- 9Spread the filling over the dough base.
- 10Prepare topping sauce: Grate cheese, add light cream (or equivalent amount of cream and milk) and two raw eggs. Mix well and pour over the filling.
- 11Bake in the middle of 200'C oven for 30 minutes, i.e. when it has got some brown spots.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salmon Cheese Egg Torta With Dill and Paprika
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 952.4
- Calories from Fat 616
- Total Fat 68.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.0 g
- Cholesterol 493.1 mg
- Sodium 715.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 43.1 g