Recipe by yogiclarebear
Something I came up with when I needed to use up some spaghetti squash! Healthy and light, yet satisfying.
Top Review by kelly in TO
Interesting and really good! I loved the sun dried tomatoes and capers. I was concerned adding the spinach, so I added it after the squash to let it keep some shape and I loved it. Great dish.
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried sun-dried tomato, chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 6 ounces cooked salmon
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 cup fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring ½ cup water to a boil with bouillon. Add tomatoes and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté garlic and shallots in a large pan.
- After 15 minutes, add broth, tomatoes, and capers to the pan. Crumble in salmon. Cook for 2 minutes, then add spinach. Cook, stirring and mixing, until spinach is wilted.
- Add spaghetti squash and stir, cooking through until hot.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese to taste.
- OPTIONS: Instead of using capers, try ½ tsp of red peppers flakes and a splash of white wine. You can also toss this mix with angel hair pasta instead of spaghetti squash.