Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This was the first piccata recipe I tried, and we love it. It's so easy to prepare. I once tried making it with fat free ingredients, and it is not as good. I only serve it occasionally, because it is so rich, so that makes it more of a treat.
- 4 cups cream (I use Half&Half)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb salmon, cooked and flaked (I put salmon in a pan with a very small amount water, cook covered for about 5 min., drain well, the)
- 1 large cucumber, peeled,seeded and finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill weed, chopped (I usually use twice as much)
- 2 tablespoons dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package rotelle pasta
- Heat cream and butter over very low heat until reduced by 1/2 (about 30 minutes) stirring frequently.
- Add remaining ingredients, except pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare pasta and drain well.
- To serve, pour sauce over pasta.
Just delicious! I cut the recipe in half, because it was just for myself and my husband, and didn't peel or seed the cucumber because I used a Japanese one without large seeds or bitter peel. I did everything else according to the recipe, though I did add some salt. But this is wonderful. I'd been looking for a creamy salmon recipe. Now I've found it. I love the combination of salmon and dill. Thank you very much, Yamma, for this recipe.