Recipe by PaulaG
This is a quick and easy dinner. Pop the packets into the oven while you set the table and in 15-minutes you have a nutritious dish with virtually no clean up. Serve this with a rice or couscous dish and extra lemon on the side. This recipe was found at another web site.
Top Review by Chef ChelseaBuns
This recipe changed the way I think about cooking fish. It also got me and the bf eating asparagus! I make this at least every other week. It's great exactly as written or you can experiment with different spices/sauces. One of my favorite variations is soya sauce and maple syrup with garlic. I've also used brocolli and/or yellow zuchini when I didn't have asparagus on hand. I usually use the affordable frozen portions of salmon and it always turns out great, you can it even cook it from frozen for a few minutes longer and it turns out the same! Thanks for a keeper!
- 4 sheets aluminum foil, wrap (12-inch by 18-inch)
- 4 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 lb asparagus
- 1 fresh lemon
- fresh ground black pepper
- seasoning salt
- lemon wedge (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Snap the ends off asparagus spears (they will break where tender) and divide into 4 equal portions.
- Spray the center of each foil sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place one salmon fillet in the center of each sheet, top with a serving of the asparagus and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper and salt or seasoning blend as desired.
- Bring up the sides of foil and fold top over twice.
- Seal ends, leaving room for air to circulate inside the packet.
- Place packets on a cookie sheet and cook in oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until salmon is opaque.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- Please use caution when opening the foil packs, as the steam is very hot.