Smoked Salmon and Asparagus Quiche
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (3 1/2-4 1/2 ounce) package smoked salmon, flaked
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus cuts, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded havarti cheese (4 ounces) or 1 cup monterey jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill weed or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F Mix flour, sugar and onion salt in medium bowl. Beat oil and milk in measuring cup with fork until creamy. Pour oil mixture over flour mixture; stir until dough forms.
- Pat dough on bottom and side of ungreased pie plate, 9x1 1/4 inches, or quiche dish, 9x1 1/2 inches. Sprinkle salmon over crust. Cut off bottom one-third of each asparagus spear; reserve top spear portions. Chop asparagus ends; sprinkle over salmon. Sprinkle cheese evenly over asparagus.
- Beat eggs, whipping cream, dill weed, salt and pepper in medium bowl with wire whisk. Slowly pour egg mixture over quiche ingredients. Arrange reserved asparagus in spoke fashion on top of quiche.
- Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F Bake 40 to 45 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. If necessary, cover edge of crust with strips of aluminum foil after 10 to 15 minutes of baking to prevent excessive browning. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Join The Conversation
I made a few different quiche at a brunch, & this was the big hit at my brunch. I used fresh baby asparagus (just blanched them for 15 mins in boiling salted water) and used the extra stalks to make a pattern on the quiche like Fairy Nuff's picture. The only change I made was to use a sour cream/milk mix instead of whipping cream. Thanks for a great keeper!