Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another of my MIL's famous recipes. DH requests this on his birthday every year, or whenever he has an excuse to request cake! :)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup light rum
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light rum
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Grease and flour bundt pan. Crumble nuts in bottom of pan.
- In a large bowl, mix cake and pudding mixes. Add rum, water, oil, and eggs. Mix well.
- Bake at 325F for 50-60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze. Mix all ingredients (sugar, butter, rum, and water) and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove from pan and pour on hot rum glaze.
- Let cool, can be served slightly warm or at room temperature.
Very easy to make. Next time - and there will be a next time - I will take the cake out of the oven, poke holes in it, pour the glaze over the cake, wait for it to all soak in, and then take the cake out of the pan. My glaze is like soup all over the cake plate. Boo! It's very delicious, though, so I definitely want to try it again in the future.
This cake is a sure crowd pleaser. Everyone loved it and it was incredibly moist and simple to make. I saved some effort and decided to forgo the glaze. I used a "fudge" cake mix.
Very moist and easy to do. This was a real favorite at work. I will make this one again soon. Thanks for a great recipe. Made for Photo Tag.