Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 mins
This cold appetizer is healthy, elegant and bursting with rich, tangy flavour thanks to the combination of shrimp, lemon juice and truffle oil. Wish I'd made it up, but it was actually created by a palace chef for Queen Victoria - it was one of her favourites!
- 1 cucumber
- 200 g miniature green asparagus tips
- 200 g cocktail shrimp
- 4 -5 tablespoons truffle oil
- 1⁄2 lemon juice
- 12 blades fresh chives (to garnish, uncut)
- Peel the cucumber and slice it into matchsticks of the same approximate length and thickness as the asparagus. Sprinkle with salt and let leach for 10 minutes in a sieve. Boil a bit of salted water and cook the asparagus in a covered pan for three minutes until al dente. Rinse in a sieve under cold running water to drain and cool.
- Distribute the cucumber matchsticks and asparagus over four plates. Sprinkle with half of the truffle oil. Arrange shrimp on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with the lemon juice and the rest of the truffle oil. Garnish with chives.