Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is inspired by the salad I always order at my favorite bar and grill. They use a mustardy vinaigrette that is also delicious.
- Cook the steak, using your preferred method. I like medium-rare for this salad. Let the steak rest for five minutes under a foil tent, and then slice thinly against the grain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Once the butter begins to foam, add the onion slices and a pinch of salt, and cook until the onion starts to soften.
- Add the mushrooms with another pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms give liquid. Keep cooking until the liquid cooks away and the mushrooms start to brown.
- Arrange the mushroom mixture and steak strips on top of the salad greens. Scatter the blue cheese crumbles on top.
- Pour the dressing over the salad.