This salad is inspired by the salad I always order at my favorite bar and grill. They use a mustardy vinaigrette that is also delicious.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the steak, using your preferred method. I like medium-rare for this salad. Let the steak rest for five minutes under a foil tent, and then slice thinly against the grain.
- 2Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saute pan over medium heat.
- 3Once the butter begins to foam, add the onion slices and a pinch of salt, and cook until the onion starts to soften.
- 4Add the mushrooms with another pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms give liquid. Keep cooking until the liquid cooks away and the mushrooms start to brown.
- 5Arrange the mushroom mixture and steak strips on top of the salad greens. Scatter the blue cheese crumbles on top.
- 6Pour the dressing over the salad.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad: Steak, Mushrooms, and Blue Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 490.9
- Calories from Fat 330
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 19.1 g
- Cholesterol 109.6 mg
- Sodium 566.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: