Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Fresh and light, this fruity tossed side salad will contrast nicely with heartier dishes.
- 1 (24 ounce) jarrefrigerated mangoes, slices drained
- 1⁄4 cup light red wine vinaigrette
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon of fresh mint
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 5 ounces torn mixed salad greens
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, finely shredded (1/4 cup)
- For mango-basil vinaigrette: Place 1/2 cup of the mango in a food processor or blender. Cover and process or blend until smooth. Add salad dressing, basil, mint, and crushed red pepper; cover and process or blend just until mixed. Let stand for 5 minutes for flavors to develop.
- Divide greens evenly among six salad plates. Top greens with the remaining mango, breaking mango into bite-size pieces. Drizzle each plate with 2 tablespoons of the mango-basil vinaigrette. Top with cheese. Serve immediately.