I have never been a fan of any honey mustard dressing I have tasted in a bottle. This made-from-scratch version is divine! Besides making a wonderful stand-alone salad, this is also great topped with chunks or slices of Pecan Crusted Chicken. This recipe is from Cuisine at Home magazine.
For the Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 8 cups mixed greens such as arugula or 8 cups radicchio or 8 cups curly endive lettuce or 8 cups romaine lettuce or 8 cups lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese, crumbled
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients until blended.
- Toss dressing with greens, onion, and goat cheese (you won't need all the dressing).
- Serve with extra dressing on the side.
Yummy salad! I really enjoyed the dressing. Thanks!
This is a very nice honey mustard dressing. Will use this a lot I'm sure. Thanks for posting this lovely recipe.
I made this to go on top of Sharlene~W's Pecan Crusted Chicken...AMAZING. I will never buy another store-bought honey mustard again! I had a salad with the leftover dressing, parmesan chicken, romain lettuce, and dried cranberries the next day for lunch...YUM!