Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Wow, a new way to fix fried okra! It's delicious over this wonderful salad!
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen, thawed)
- 3⁄4 cup white self-rising cornmeal
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons creole seasoning, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra (or frozen, thawed)
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Spread corn kernels in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400* for 10 minutes or until browned, and set aside.
- Combine cornmeal and 2 tsp.
- Creole seasoning in a zip-top plastic bag; add okra, shaking to coat.
- Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a heavy saucepan; heat to 375*.
- Fry okra until golden; drain on paper towels, and keep warm.
- Place lettuce on plates, and top with chopped tomato and fried okra.
- Combine remaining 1/2 tsp.
- Creole seasoning, 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, and garlic in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Drizzle over salads; sprinkle with corn.
What a fantastic and different recipe! It's light and refreshing, but filling with the corn and fried okra. Enjoyed the crunchiness, too. The dressing is the perfect blend for this salad. I didn't change a thing, and believe it's perfect as is. All three of us at the table ageed that it is a 5 star. We'll make this again.