Wow, a new way to fix fried okra! It's delicious over this wonderful salad!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels (or frozen, thawed)
- 3/4 cup white self-rising cornmeal
- 2 1/2 teaspoons creole seasoning, divided
- 2 cups sliced fresh okra (or frozen, thawed)
- vegetable oil
- 1 lb romaine lettuce, torn
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1Spread corn kernels in a single layer on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- 2Bake at 400* for 10 minutes or until browned, and set aside.
- 3Combine cornmeal and 2 tsp.
- 4Creole seasoning in a zip-top plastic bag; add okra, shaking to coat.
- 5Pour oil to depth of 3 inches into a heavy saucepan; heat to 375*.
- 6Fry okra until golden; drain on paper towels, and keep warm.
- 7Place lettuce on plates, and top with chopped tomato and fried okra.
- 8Combine remaining 1/2 tsp.
- 9Creole seasoning, 1/4 cup oil, vinegar, and garlic in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- 10Drizzle over salads; sprinkle with corn.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Salad Greens and Veggies with Fried Okra Croutons
Serving Size: 1 (398 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.1
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 313.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar