Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
We were getting ready to move again one year and I was trying to find creative ways to use up some of the condiments in our fridge. I created this recipe and we have enjoyed it ever since. Of course you can use any flavor salad dressing you prefer, but we like it with honey dijon. Please note that this recipe calls for chicken breasts with bones-boneless chicken would cook much quicker and might dry out so please don't be tempted to substitute boneless. If you aren't watching your calories, you may leave the skin on, but we like the way this turns out without skin. You may also sub cracker crumbs for the bread crumbs, if desired.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs bone-in skinless chicken breast halves, approximately (you need 4 pieces)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup light honey Dijon salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs (I like the seasoned kind, more if needed)
- seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Spray a roasting rack and shallow roasting pan with nonstick spray or grease lightly with some oil.
- Remove skin from chicken, rinse well, and pat dry.
- Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of each piece of chicken well with the salad dressing (there should be a little left over).
- Set breasts, meaty sides up, onto the sprayed roasting rack and sprinkle with rosemary.
- If you like, season to taste with a little seasoned salt& pepper.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the chicken (or you can dump the crumbs in a dish and roll the chicken in the crumbs if you like more coating-this may require addtl crumbs).
- Bake 20 minutes, then flip pieces over using a pair of tongs and brush with some more salad dressing (if you chose to roll your chicken in the crumbs, then skip the extra salad dressing).
- Bake another 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cook time will vary based on the actual weight of your chicken pieces-allow 15 minutes per pound plus 10-15 extra minutes to calculate the total cooking time (this includes before and after flipping the chicken).
Yummy chicken, Love the flavor of the Honey Dijon salad dressing, & seasoned bread crunbs. The chicken had a crunchy outside and moist on the inside. Thank you Heather for the recipe, It is a keeper.
That's good chicken! I used bacon & tomato salad dressing and the seasoned bread crumbs. My kind of recipe.... simple AND yummy.