Recipe by wjorma
We have lots of sailors in our family and this is an easy recipe for a busy family to prepare. The seasonings can be changer(i.e.parsley or thyme) and so can the veggies. If you would like to use beef stock or wine in place of the beer that will work also.
- 3 lbs bottom round steaks
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 4 potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 2 large carrots, peeled & chunked
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 12 ounces beer
Directions See How It's Made
- Place meat into a bag with the flour ,salt & pepper and shake to coat.
- Put the olive oil into a med-high fry pan and when hot sear the meat on all sides.
- Place the meat into a 2 - 3 quart baking dish (or a Dutch Oven) and place the garlic on top of the meat. Now place all the prepared vegetables all around the meat with the onions being on top. Pour on the beer.
- Cover and place into a 350 oven for 3-4 hours.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes then eat. Yield is 6 servings.