Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I found this in the current issue of "Taste of Home" and tried this on my Christmas turkey. It turned out beautiful. The color, the smell, the taste--out of this world. And very easy! Enjoy! I personally prepare my stuffing in a pan outside the bird, but you can stuff the bird with a stuffing of your choice.
- Clean turkey, removing giblets.
- Pat dry and put aside.
- Combine the butter,salt, pepper, sage, and paprika.
- Rub the sage mixture over the outside and inside of the turkey.
- Truss turkey as usual.
- Bake turkey at 350°F until meat thermometer reads 180°F.
- Baste the turkey occasionally with drippings.
- Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.
I tried this on Thanksgiving and it made the prettiest turkey I've ever roasted...and it tasted quite wonderful. My 85 year old father in law said it was the best turkey he's ever had. So that's really saying something (either that, or his memory is going, haha).