3 hrs 20 mins
tree luee dee's Note:
I found this in the current issue of "Taste of Home" and tried this on my Christmas turkey. It turned out beautiful. The color, the smell, the taste--out of this world. And very easy! Enjoy! I personally prepare my stuffing in a pan outside the bird, but you can stuff the bird with a stuffing of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean turkey, removing giblets.
- 2Pat dry and put aside.
- 3Combine the butter,salt, pepper, sage, and paprika.
- 4Rub the sage mixture over the outside and inside of the turkey.
- 5Truss turkey as usual.
- 6Bake turkey at 350°F until meat thermometer reads 180°F.
- 7Baste the turkey occasionally with drippings.
- 8Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly.
Browse Our Top Whole Turkey Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Turkey Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sage Rub for Roast Turkey
Serving Size: 1 (498 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 976.8
- Calories from Fat 457
- Total Fat 50.8 g
- Saturated Fat 15.5 g
- Cholesterol 410.5 mg
- Sodium 1344.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 120.6 g