Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Courtesy of my sister, who succeeded in replacing Sauce Hollondaise, which I absolutely don't like, with this fluffy and aromatic gem of a sauce. Goes wonderfully with green or white asparagus, breadsticks, or pretty much everything :).
- 1 small onion (chopped very thinly)
- 1 garlic clove (chopped very thinly)
- 250 ml cream
- 125 ml white wine (chardonnay, good quality)
- 1 sachet saffron thread
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- salt and pepper
- Melt clarified butter in a pan and add the onion.
- When onion turns translucent add garlic and stir.
- Add white wine and let simmer.
- Keep one TB cream back, add the rest to the pan. Let reduce sauce until desired consistency is reached.
- Dissolve the saffron threads in the remaining TB of cream and add to the sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.