- olive oil
- 1 onion, 3/4 cup diced
- 6 -8 garlic cloves, minced (roasted is a great choice if you have the time)
- 2 dried guajillo chili
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 lb bay scallop, patted dry
- 10 ounces baby clams, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb saffron capellini, Saffron White Wine Pasta Dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large pan,.
- Saute onion till translucent add garlic simmer 3 minutes.
- Toss in pepper flakes.
- Add tomatoes and parsley.
- Stir in scallops and clams cover and simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the capellini until just al dente, about 3 minutes. Drain; transfer to the scallops and clam mixture toss well adding pasta water if needed and serve immediately. Top with additional olive oil and garnish with fresh parsley.