Recipe by Lizzybob
My friend Meredith gave me this recipe - it is supposedly from the Sacred Heart Diet. It's a great soup & you can add just about any veggie to it. I've added a can of zucchini in tomato sauce & it was good. It also calls for an envelope of Lipton Chicken Noodle soup mix (comes in a box) but I couldn't get Zaar to recognize it.
Top Review by Keri W.
I love this recipe. My family really enjoys it. I use it for a basic recipe, then add what ever I want to it. Today I added corn, cabbage, and ground beef. (I dont use it for a diet soup). I make 6 qrts at a time. Mean while I have another 6qrts of a Stew. When all is said and done, I will package them in servings of about 3 servings. We use bigger bowls. This is a great place to start.
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes (I use italian style)
- 3 green onions, chopped (I also add a whole onion, chopped)
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 -3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans green beans, undrained
- 20 -25 baby carrots, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in a large pot. Don't forget to add the Lipton Chicken Noodle soup mix!
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, parsley, italian seasonings, curry - whatever you prefer. You can also add beef bouillon and some Lea & Perrins.
- Cover with water. Boil fast for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until veggies are tender.
- If it's too bland, add more spices!