Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 100 g sangar
- 1 tejpatta
- 4 tablespoons mustard oil
- 5 -6 red chilies (dry and sabut)
- 1 teaspoon mustard (ground)
- 1⁄2 cup curds
- 1 pinch hing
- 5 -7 amchur (dry and sabut)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon jeera powder
- water (for soaking)
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon amchur
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dhaniya powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- Soak the sangar in haldi water for whole night.
- Put it in a pressure cooker and wait for 1 whistle.
- Turn off the gas.
- Strain the sangar through a strainer.
- Keep the strained water aside.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadahi.
- Now give tadka by adding mustard (grounded), hing, jeera and sabut red chilly.
- When the tadka is ready add the masala paste.
- Add curd, sangar and soaked amchur.
- (soak it for a ½ hour).
- Add to the kadahi.
- If required add the strained water.
- Cook it for 10-15 minutes.
- You can enjoy this vegetable for 8-10 days if kept in a refrigerator.
- Serve hot with Dal Ke Parathe.