Recipe by Fair Mar
This is my mom's own recipe...I remember her making this on the farm where I grew up.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sour milk (Add 2 to 3 Tbsp. Vinegar in Milk)
- 2 baker's unsweetened chocolate squares, Melted in 1 Cup of Simmering Water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Alternate sour milk and flour to butter mixture, starting with milk.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Melt squares of chocolate in water.
- Add baking soda to chocolate, stirring until soda is mixed.
- Pour chocolate into batter and mix well.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured layer pans.
- Bake at 350 Degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Cake is done when sides pull away from the pan.