Recipe by Blazenhoff
This is an adaptation on a recipe already on recipezaar.com. It is a really moist and delicious brownie. No one would ever know it was Vegan.
Top Review by katiemace13
These brownies were incredible! We added a tablespoon of cinnamon and vanilla extract, and they turned out amazing! We also substituted the sugar for stevia, and they still turned out great. They were moist, chewy, and melt in your mouth gooey and delicious! This will turn into a family recipe to be made for years to come
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 cup ghiradelli unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups turbinado sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate soymilk
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened applesauce (gravenstein)
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- With vegetable oil, lightly oil a 9 x 12 glass pan.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- With a fork, mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt.
- In a small bowl, blend the chocolate soy milk and applesauce.
- Combine the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and thoroughly mix together.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the oiled pan and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Smaller pans have a longer cooking time.