Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A low in calorie and fat tomato soup which is great tasting!
- 2 (400 g) cans tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red peppers or 1⁄2 capsicum, roasted
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh chili peppers, crushed
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- 2 cups water
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Add oil in saucepan and heat garlic and chilli.
- Add tomatoes and roasted pepper. Boil until soft.
- Add water, stock and seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Tear basil leaves and add a couple of minutes before completion.
- Pour into jug and vitamise down.
- Add some parmesan cheese and basil with a little extra olive oil for garnishings on top and serve with crusty bread such as ciabatta or sour dough.
i got three different terrific meals out of this recipe w/out changing a thing! first i made the soup; absolutely delish. this recipe was put together in no time. (i already had a roasted pepper on hand) i had scooped some of the chunks out prior to putting into the blender for soup and put it aside (about 1 1/2c worth) I made a dipping sauce for some good italian bread by adding just a bit of balsamic vinegar to it. out of this world. then the rest i tossed with some pasta and it was a delicious pasta sauce. the perfect recipe: healthy, delicious, quick, versatile and inexpensive. thanks!