Recipe by Caryn
I am told this is a 200 year old Heritage recipe. It was originally made for breakfast with dried apples and topped with cream.
Top Review by ~cbw~
This was an easy pie to throw together and was pretty tasty. It was a little sweet for my taste, so, next time I will probably cut the sugar back a little bit. Thanks for a great recipe, Caryn!
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 apples, peeled,cored,and sliced
- 1 10 inch unbaked pie shell
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, flour, walnuts, salt, and cinnamon.
- Roll apple slices in the crumb mixture.
- Arrange apples in unbaked pie shell.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture over top of apples.
- Pour melted butter evenly over the top of the apples.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.