Recipe by ~Nimz~
This bread taste so good and so easy to make. You let your Kitchen Aide do all the work. The crust is nice and crispy and the inside is perfect. You can make loaves of bread or dinner rolls. Hope you enjoy.
Top Review by Lulu8
Excellent bread. Not my first attempt to make sourdough but one of the only ones to turn out great. Usually, I don't make bread in a bread tin but this rose very nice and very high. I made on loaf and a pan of cinnamon rolls. Loved it, will make again.
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons dry active yeast (2 packages dry yeast)
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (105-110 degrees F)
- 1 cup sourdough starter (at room temperature)
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda granular
- 3⁄4 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower oil
- 4 -5 cups unbleached flour, divided
- sunflower oil
- melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the eggs in warm water and let sit for about 10-15 minutes.
- Warm the KA bowl by filling with hot water, dumping it out and towel dry.
- Dissolve the yeast in water in your KA mixing bowl.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- On speed 1, stir in sourdough starter, sugar, salt, eggs, oil and 3 cups flour.
- Gradually add remaining flour or enough that the dough will separate from the sides of the mixing bowl. This should take about 8 minutes.
- Place in a well-greased bowl, turning to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place (85 degrees F), free from drafts, 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch dough down; divide in half and shape each half into a loaf. (These also can be make into dinner rolls.).
- Place loaves in greased 9x5x3 inch loaf pans.
- Brush top with oil.
- Cover loaves; let rise in a warm place (85 degrees F), free from drafts, about 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove from pans and brush with melted butter.