Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
These make a delicious appetizer for 8, or even a light luncheon or supper with a salad. If you love gorgonzola, you'll love these.
- 2 sheets of thawed puff pastry
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 5 large eggs
- 1⁄2 lb gorgonzola, crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 equal squares. Place the puff pastry squares over eight individual 6" tart pans or molds. Weight down the middle of the tarts with beans or marbles on a small piece of aluminum foil. Prebake the tarts in the oven for 10-15 minutes and cool. Remove the foil weights and allow to cool.
- Saute asparagus in olive oil until tender but not overcooked. Set aside on a paper towel to drain.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, half and half, and salt and pepper. Pour mixture mixture evenly into cooled tart shells. Add even amounts of cooked asparagus to each tart. Top evenly with crumbled Gorgonzola cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until middle of each tart puffs up similar to a souffle. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes or to room temperature before serving.