Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I am posting this for the Zaar World Tour. The Russian name for this recipe is Salat Iz Krasnoi I Beloi Rediski. Whew! Adapted from Woman's Day Encyclopedia of Cookery, Vol. 10.
- 1 bunch young red radish
- 1 bunch white radish, scraped
- 1⁄2 cup grated raw young carrot
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- salt, to taste
- lettuce leaf
- chopped parsley
- fresh dill (optional)
- Trim the red radishes; cut off roots and green leaves. Slice red and white radishes very thin.
- Combine vegetables, reserving a small amount of carrot to garnish the salad when served.
- Mix sour cream with sugar and salt to taste. Add the vegetables; stir well. Now make a mound of the salad and place on lettuce leaves placed in the salad bowl. Surround with small mounds of carrot. Sprinkle with finely chopped parsley, and dill, if desired. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
- Makes 4 servings.
This is sooo good! I have made it twice. Once as written and then to accomodate my DH add some miracle whip to the sour cream and used a little dill and cilantro. He knew something was different but did not tumble that there was sour cream in the salad. He really liked it and it is simple to make. Thanks for posting.
This is an easy salad I was able to make from my own radishes. It is very nice and I know I'll make it again.