Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Rye bread crumbs, horseradish and sour cream add huge flavor to this turkey meatloaf. Recipe from Perdue.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup rye breadcrumbs (2 slices)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie russian salad dressing
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream, alternative
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In medium-sized bowl, combine all ingredients. With lightly moistened hands, pat mixture into loaf pan. Cover and bake 35 minutes. Uncover and continue baking 10 to 15 minutes longer until loaf is cooked through, springs back to the touch and registers 170°F on meat thermometer.
- Remove from oven and allow to stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving. To serve, cut into slices.
Better than average meatloaf.
I actually made these as burgers instead of a loaf, and they were delicious. My husband hates horseradish, but it was so mild blended in with this, he didn't even realize it was in there. We ate them just as patties, but they'd be great on buns with maybe sour cream or mayo or even ketchup.