Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
fast and easy
- 1 frying chicken
- 1 (250 ml) bottle Russian salad dressing
- 1 (398 ml) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (50 g) package onion soup mix
- Cut chicken into parts and put into a foil-lined 9x13 baking dish.
- Pour salad dressing over the chicken.
- spread cranberry sauce.
- sprinkle onion soup mix.
- Bake at 350 F for 45 minutes to 1 hour, basting or turning occasionally.
Great recipe... and especially because the kids like it. I didn't have apricot jam, so I went in search of a substitute that was similar to Apricot Chicken. I had cranberry sauce (without whole cranberries) and decided to go for it. The result was great. I serve this with rice (I use half brown, half white) and vegetables... a simple, delicious meal. Thanks!
Great tasting and moist. Will certainly make again. I did 3 chicken thighs and one very large breast and halved the rest of the ingredients. There may have been a wee bit too much sauce but it was flavourful.