Salad Dressing Chicken
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs bone-in skinless chicken breast halves, approximately (you need 4 pieces)
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup light honey Dijon salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 cup dried breadcrumbs (I like the seasoned kind, more if needed)
- seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 475 F.
- Spray a roasting rack and shallow roasting pan with nonstick spray or grease lightly with some oil.
- Remove skin from chicken, rinse well, and pat dry.
- Using a pastry brush, coat both sides of each piece of chicken well with the salad dressing (there should be a little left over).
- Set breasts, meaty sides up, onto the sprayed roasting rack and sprinkle with rosemary.
- If you like, season to taste with a little seasoned salt& pepper.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs on top of the chicken (or you can dump the crumbs in a dish and roll the chicken in the crumbs if you like more coating-this may require addtl crumbs).
- Bake 20 minutes, then flip pieces over using a pair of tongs and brush with some more salad dressing (if you chose to roll your chicken in the crumbs, then skip the extra salad dressing).
- Bake another 40 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cook time will vary based on the actual weight of your chicken pieces-allow 15 minutes per pound plus 10-15 extra minutes to calculate the total cooking time (this includes before and after flipping the chicken).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!