Recipe by cunger
I got this from vegetarian times. It is one of my favourite stews, especially when it gets cold out. When you serve it I generally add a little more sour cream and I always add a lot of sauerkraut. You can also add nonfat yoghurt. It is really good with a piece of sourdough bread and a salad. It also freezes well after being refrigerated.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 russet potatoes, cubed
- 1⁄3 lb green beans, 1-inch pieces
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 2 teaspoons whole wheat flour
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup sauerkraut (fresh if possible)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot saute onions in oil.
- Add potatoes and beans; cook for about 3 minutes
- Add stock to prevent scorching.
- Add remaining stock, lower heat and cook for about an hour.
- Combine flour and sour cream.
- Add to hot stew by spoonfuls; stir to blend.
- Add sauerkraut and dill.
- Cook for about ten more minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.