An oldie but a goodie! Printed on the back of a can of Rumford Aluminum-Free Baking Powder. I am quite surprised that this recipe hadn't been added to the site database until now. Egg-free. Mmmm, so good with a spread of butter and slather of creamed honey (and a wee bit of real maple syrup stirred into the butter, too)!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Note: I used a KitchenAid stand up mixer to prep the dough.
- 2PREHEAT oven to 450 degrees.
- 3Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl.
- 4Cut in shortening until mixture resemble coarse meal.
- 5Add milk to make a soft dough.
- 6Turn dough out on a floured surface and knead *gently* for 30 seconds.
- 7Roll out to 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch thickness.
- 8Use a cookie cutter to cut out into rounds. I used a 3-inch diameter Fiestaware tumbler cup, top floured.
- 9Place on greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 10Bake approximately 12-15 minutes or until light golden.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rumford's Baking Powder Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (510 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 212.5
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 2.8 mg
- Sodium 437.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g