Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found at the Down under recipe sight.Try with peaches or apples.Grilling the pineapple brings this to whole another level!
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored and chunked
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash ginger
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum, warmed
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Lightly butter a baking dish and evenly distribute pineapple over the bottom.
- Melt butter and brush it over the fruit.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and ginger. Sprinkle evenly over the pineapple.
- Bake in a 180°C oven for 30 minutes.Serve the fruit topped with vanilla ice cream and the warm rum.
This made for a simple and tasty treat. It was a bit disconcerting that the pineapple almost tasted like baked apple pieces but I enjoy this flavor combination. . I added extra rum to the pineapple as it cooked then drizzled some on the ice cream. Made for ZWT 8 by one of The Wild Bunch
Creamy, buttery, rum and grilled pineapple? Am I dreaming? This was simply delicious. Flat out 5 stars down the line. I used Black Strap rum and added a pinch of clove to the pineapple mix. I skewered the pineapple and threw them on the grill. Five minutes later, voila! A beautiful cooling dessert. Thanks so much for sharing.
Marvellous! Fast and really delicious stuff. Rita, your recipes are always wonderful.