Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
I found this in my collection of recipes from here and there and everywhere, meaning I don't know here it came from. I know I have made it because it has a star sticker on it - I always place a sticker on the recipes I make so I can remember which ones I've tried. This one has a silver star. At one time, I had a color-coded sticker system - silver meant we liked it, not LOVED it. At some point, however, I ditched my system because I couldn't find anything BUT silver stickers around the house - so I started sticking silver stickers everywhere....I'm going to go ahead and post it....I'll have to make these sometime soon so I can update this description....Chilling time for the dough is included in prep time.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup raisins, finely chopped
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix powdered sugar, butter and egg.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except Rum Filling.
- Divide dough in half.
- Shape each half into a roll, 10" long.
- Wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Cut rolls into 1/4" slices.
- Bake at 375°F for 7-9 minutes on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Prepare Rum Filling.
- Put cookies together with 1 teaspoon filling each.