Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Very simple but Oh so good glaze. Decorate the ham with pineapple & cherries, cloves etc if you really want a fancy ham. If you do not want to use rum substitute orange juice.
- 10 -12 lbs bone in ham
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum (or orange juice)
- 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- Lightly score the ham- criss-cross and place in a roasting pan.
- Mix remaining ingredients.
- Spoon sauce over the ham and bake in 425°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Lower temperature to 375°F and continue to roast for another hour.
- Baste frequently.
- The top should be well browned and crispy in texture.
- Allow to sit for 30 minutes covered with foil before carving.
I used rasberry rum and it turned out delicious. I had to add a little water while cooking and glaze stuck to bottom of pan (will line with foil next time.)
I used Bundaberg Rum and it was so good.